The French Oven Bakery & Café in Scripps Ranch San Diego is seeking a Lead Barista on Saturdays and Sundays.
The French Oven Bakery and Café was opened by local Scripps Ranch residents, Yves Fournier, and his wife, Susie. Chef Yves grew up in France, in a small village at the base of the French Alps called Veyrier du Lac. Baking has always been a Fournier family tradition, and today, Chef Yves represents the 5th generation of bakers in his family. An old family bakery sign from 1840 hangs on the wall of The French Oven. It belonged to his great, great grandfather, Jean-Baptiste Fournier . Today, Chef Yves lives with his wife and two children, Ella and Charlie, in Scripps Ranch. They began a Pop-Up bakery business from their home in the fall of 2016, offering croissants and other delicious treats to their neighbors. With unbelievable support and encouragement from friends and neighbors in the community, they decided to open their own boulangerie and patisserie, hoping to bring a little slice of Veyrier du Lac home to San Diego.
Today, the French Oven is a busy, neighborhood bakery voted as one of San Diego’s best new bakeries. We may be small in size, but we are big on volume and serious on quality and customer service. We offer made-from-scratch, pastries, breads, sandwiches, soups and sandwiches. All food is crafted in house. We also craft delicious coffees in house.
We are looking for someone to lead the front of house team.
• You must love food!
• You must have 1-year Barista experience
• You must be a confident self starter with the ability to communicate and multi task.
• You must be honest, energetic, outgoing and service oriented.
• You must love to have fun, yet work hard and take initiative to lead the front of house team.
• You must have that ownership mindset, driven to provide the best experience for our customers. That means putting out the best product and delivering great customer service while creating great team culture.
• The front of house team will have a love and appreciation for others as well as great food and coffee.
• Seeking 1 Full Time Experienced Lead Barista
• Salary: $15.00 (determined by experience) + tips
• Experience: Minimum 1-year supervisor/management experience (Required) & 1-year barista experience (required)
• ServSafe or Food Handlers certification preferred
• Valid CA drivers license (Required)
• Language: English (Required)
• Work authorization: United States (Required)
• Work Location: Scripps Ranch, San Diego, CA (Required)
• Must be able to work the following days and times:
• Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• No evening shifts…little to no overtime
• Pay Frequency: Bi weekly
The French Oven is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regards to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law
Please tell us a bit about you
• What is your experience
• Why are you the best candidate to be the lead barista at the French Oven
• List your 3 strongest qualities and 3 words that describe you as an individual
• 3 areas you want to grow in and what you are hoping to gain from this experience
Be sure to leave your phone number if you e-mail. We will not be able to respond to you if you do not have experience. Thank you.